Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DIY before and after with spray paint

I am constantly inspired by design sponge's 'before and after' section of their blog. People send in pictures of old furniture that they paint or decorate to make it look like a new and completely different piece.  My best friend Juli was given a cabinet from her mom and after moving into her new apartment realized the colors didn't blend well with her other furnishings. Her first thought was to give it away and my first thought was SPRAY PAINT! When I moved my mom and I went to Blick and bought a bunch of different colors of Montana spray paint and painted my tables, some frames and anything else we could get our hands on. With Juli's piece we tried the gold which is so metallic you can almost see your reflection! They have so many amazing colors and spray painting is so much fun!!

Another way to dress up an old cabinet or chest which I am a huge fan of is buying different knobs. Anthropologie has a great assortment of cool knobs for a reasonable price. They have so many great ones, that it was hard to choose but we went with this one:


Here are the before and after pictures.

Before:

After:

1 comment: